Monday, October 31, 2011

14 Days

14 days since the 24 hour race, and I'm making progress.  I thought it might help to "shake out" the legs, so I finally went out for a run for the first time since the race on Friday and Saturday this last weekend.  I got in about 1 mile and 2 miles of running respectively.  Both days I stopped as soon as I started feeling like I was back at mile 90 again during the race in these spots:

  • Both ankles
  • Inside of right knee
  • Middle of right knee
  • Both hip flexors
  • Left shin
  • Behind left knee
  • Left achilles
  • Left calf
  • Outside of left foot
  • Top of right foot
making progress: it only hurts in these spots

I would ordinarily jump at the chance to go for a run with Katie but I let her run on out the door without me tonight.

At least someone around here can
enjoy this perfect running weather

Since I've been spending a little more time than usual on the couch I've been taking inventory of some unusual running related televisions shows coming up.  First up on my "must watch" list, there's this possibly quite disturbing HBO documentary on Thursday, November 3rd:





I also found on HBO On Demand the current episode of "Real Sports" which features a segment on "obsessive runners" that included an interview with Marshall Ulrich.  I would say HBO was a little negative in how they painted every one of the runners, but just seeing these people on a mainstream sports program is pretty amazing.  Of course with Ulrich there was plenty of focus on his removed toenails.  Also interviewed was this "raven" guy I hadn't heard of before who has run 8 miles every day since 1975 and another ultra runner Catra Corbett who has run lots of 100 milers since discovering running to kick drug addictions.


Of course, NBC Universal will be showing the NYC Marathon on Sunday morning so not so much weird but definitely yet another running related thing to watch!


And if I really am that desperate to watch a running show there are two movies I've already seen on Hulu right now, The Long Green Line (high school x-c coach Joe Newton) and Spirit of the Marathon (Chicago Marathon documentary).

No comments:

Post a Comment